Tuesday, March 25, 2014

UMSL cake

Outstanding in its field.

I picked a good time to look for a couple of cakes at UMSL, it was spring break and I could park anywhere.

I started at the Mark Twain building and looked around but did not see any cake. I asked a few people inside the building if they knew where the cake was and greeted with a look as if I did not know that this building was not a bakery.  I explained about the St Louis 250 celebration and the special cakes made in honor of the anniversary.  Someone thought they might have seen one at the J.C.Penny building. 

No biggie I will track it down.  A tour of the campus by car and by foot yielded no UMSL cake, but I did get the current issue of The Current.

I knew where the next cake at the Mercantile Library was so I went there.  I asked the research librarian if she knew where the cake was besides the one at the library. She did not know right off the top of her head but give her a few minutes, and she would find out for me. 

While checking out the library cake another cake watcher explained to me where the cake was located.

On my way out the librarian gave me a map that showed exactly where the cake is situated.

The cake was out in the field in front of the building. Cake watching seems to be quite the rage lately there were three other people out in the field checking out the UMSL cake. I snapped a few picture of them posing by the cake with their cameras.

Let's here it for Rich, guest blogger.

Cake artist - UMSL

Twenty-two down 228 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment